Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daddy's Nihilist

I know it's been awhile..besides a brief snapshot of my current situation, I have been MIA. I have been a cog in the machine, a slave to the man.

The other day at my job, everyone was very upset about a patient that died. They never met this person and didn't know them. Inexplicably they were all sad and said it was sad that they died. When I queried why they were sad, I was accused of having ice water ruining through my veins.

I was highly offended since I am pretty sure it is alcohol that runs through my veins. Later that night, as I pondered why I am so apathetic and unconcerned it hit me. I don't believe in anything.

I mentioned to my esteemed male parental unit this new found discovery...bear in mind he is a gung ho bible thumping Christian...LOVE him. He said, "Huh, so you are a nihilist." HAPPYHAPPYJOYJOY I have a name for what I am.

A profound peace settled over me. Like wine down my throat. Mmmmmm wine. Mmmmmm vicodin. 'Member what I said about finding the perfect ratio? Don't hate, but I digress.

I love my new found reason for being which is no reason for being. Is it crazy. YES. Is it awesome. YES.

Trust me I still have weirdo things going on with the Y chromosome factors in my life, however that is a tale for another day.

I am so zen and calm. It's bizarre and inexplicable. It is pure chaos, but I don't care anymore. My hand to Nietzsche. Apathy join me or not...whatever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Stop scrolling, you are at the bottom

All Content copyright Angry Step Kid LLC®

Angry Step Kid® Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template